Introduction to Assessment Framework
The WA Assessment Framework (WAAF) was implemented in the Perth Metropolitan area on 31 January 2011.
The WAAF has resulted in a significant shift in the way Home and Community Care (HACC) support is delivered.
The overall goal of the WAAF is to ensure that:
All community care clients and their carers receive a personalised, quality service that is underpinned by an assessment that identifies their needs, builds on their strengths and reflects their aspirations.
This will be achieved by:
- Effectively managing client pathways
- Providing appropriately targeted service responses; and
- Refocusing service delivery towards an approach that support the implementation of the philosophy of wellness, which is to maintain and improve client independence wherever possible.
The WA Assessment Framework (WAAF) – Metropolitan Client Pathways March 2012 to clarify the entry points for:
- New Enquiry (people for whom there is no previous assessment information available on referral)
- Known Clients (people who have existing assessment information or comprehensive assessment that can be shared with client consent); and
- Current HACC Clients.