The Wellness Approach was again the hot topic, this time at the 2011 National HACC Conference held in Brisbane. A member of CommunityWest's Sector Development Team jointly presented a paper titled 'Implementing Wellness and Restorative Approaches; Optimising client independence across four states.' Find out more about papers presented.
The paper was presented with compatriots from New South Wales and South Australia, providing an overview on how each state was implementing these approaches.
The presentation was well received and has resulted in a flurry of emails from people interested in discovering more about the WA HACC Wellness Approach. A number of other speakers from WA also presented at the conference covering an array of topics including:
• Testing and Expanding a Restorative Home Care Model
• The Wellness Framework and Systemic Reform – the WA Experience
• Implementing and Evaluating a Community Physiotherapy Service Model
• Mobile Technology in Community Care – a connected workforce
• The WA Assessment Framework – Wellness in Action.
During the conference the Commonwealth delivered a number of key note presentations and workshops outlining future directions around the Aged Care Reforms including:
• A New Front End for the Aged Care System
• Strategic Direction in HACC Transitions
• Exploration of HACC Transition Business Requirements
• Future Interface between HACC and Disability Services.
For further information on the 2011 National HACC Conference visit: http://haccconference.govspace.gov.au