This course gives participants information on how to recognise and avoid the hazards associated with cleaning products whilst using them in their role supporting HACC clients.
Please note in the metro area this course is available as an on-site request only
HACC coordinators, support workers and any additional staff members that use household cleaning products as part of their role.
- Legislative requirements related to safe handling of chemicals.
- Routes of exposure for chemicals.
- Impacts of exposure to chemicals.
- Exposure controls for chemicals.
- Selection, use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Safe storage of chemicals.
- Understanding Material Safety Data sheets and labels.
Identify properties of specific chemicals.
Identify hazards associated with specific chemicals.
Apply methods to minimise the risk of exposure to cleaning chemicals.
Interpret information from Material Safety Data Sheets.
Style of Delivery
An interactive session with PowerPoint presentation and group exercises. Participants will undertake an assessment of understanding on completion of the session.