The Basic First Aid course offers quality First Aid training that will enable the participant to perform resuscitation and assist in minor first aid situations. The delivery of this training will be tailored to suit the learning styles of the participants.
**Please note a minimum of eight participants is required for an onsite request**
HACC service provider staff members and volunteers.
- apply the basic principles of first aid
- perform basic care management assessment - DRABCD
- apply Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- emergencies due to lack of oxygen
- recognition and management of patients with broken bones, dislocations, sprains and strains
- recognition and management of patients suffering from minor burns including sunburn
- treatment of wounds, shock and bleeding
On successfully completing the training, participants will obtain a nationally recognised Basic First Aid Certificate together with a Statement of Attainment that includes the following units of competence:
- HLTCPR211B Perform CPR
- HLTFA211B Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Style of delivery
Classroom style delivery, including both theory and practical assessment components. Training will include discussions and work-group activities, practical demonstrations, lectures, opportunities for practice, workbook and associated activities.